AQUA’s 2020 in-person conference has been replaced with pop-up-e-conference due to restrictions and concerns over the covid-19 pandemic.
The online conference will occur on the 1st-2nd July 2020. Anyone working on quaternary research in Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific or Antarctica are welcome to participate. Presentation content can span a wide range of topics, including (but not limited to) past climates/environments, stratigraphy, geomorphology, volcanology and biogeography. Students (PhD and Masters), and Early Career Researchers are strongly encouraged to participate, to get feedback on your research and meet the broader community. If you would like to present your research please send your;
Contact email address:
Key points: (eg. 3 points as for some journals)
AQUA also has a presence as many other conferences. These will be advertised and are regularly reviewed in Quaternary Australasia.
Student travel grants are awarded for all the AQUA conferences and INQUA, for more information see the awards page.
Past AQUA conferences
- AQUA 2018 – Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AQUA 2018 Program
- AQUA 2016 – Auckland, New Zealand AQUA 2016 program with abstracts
- AQUA 2014 – Mildura, Victoria, AQUA 2014 program and abstracts
- AQUA 2012 – Tekapo, New Zealand, AQUA program and abstracts
- AQUA 2010 – Stradbrooke Island, Queensland, AQUA2010 Stradbroke Island program and Abstracts
- AQUA 2008 – Victor Harbour, South Australia
- AQUA 2004 – Cradle Mountain, Tasmania AQUAmeeting2004
- AQUA 2003 – Westport, New Zealand, AQUA2003abstracts
- AQUA 2001 – Port Fairy, Victoria, AQUA2001abstracts
- AQUA 1998 – Fraser Island, Queensland
- AQUA 1996 – Lake Eyre
- AQUA 1994 – Nerriga, NSW
- AQUA 1991 – Mallacoota, Victoria
- AQUA 1989 – Myall Lakes
- AQUA 1985 – Mildura, Victoria
- Bowlerfest – in honour of the work of Jim Bowler, Bowlerfest abstract
If you have any past conference abstract volumes please let us know.