Preparation of the text
- The manuscript should be prepared using a word processor, with double spacing, wide margins and text in 12 point Arial font, and preferably as a Word document. Please limit the word limit of the manuscript to 6000 words; shorter papers will also be considered.
- Please provide an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- Structure the article as you would any scientific paper, including introduction, methods, results, discussion and conclusion sections. Subheadings can be included.
- Please include a title page, including the title of the paper and author details: the name(s) of the author(s), their affiliations, fax numbers and email addresses. In the case of more than one author, please indicate to whom the correspondence should be addressed.
- Present table and figure captions on separate pages at the end of the manuscript. Do NOT embed figures and tables in the document.
- Please ensure that the references cited in the text are consistent with those in the reference list. It is preferable not to refer to references within the abstract. Unpublished results and personal communications should be acknowledged in the text but not in the reference list. References cited as “in press” imply that the paper has been accepted for publication.
- Citations in the text should consist of the surname of the author(s) followed by a comma then the year of the publication in parentheses. eg. (Quaternarist, 2000) (Quaternarist and Palynology, 2000) (Quaternarist et al., 2000). Do not use italics.
- The reference list should contain all authors of a paper, the year of publication, the title of the article/chapter, the full name of the journal or book (if relevant) italicised, the editors of any books, volume and page numbers. See examples below.
Quaternarist, A.B., 2000. The top twenty field sites in Australia. Journal of Field Studies, 62 (2), 191-200.
Quaternarist, A.B. and Palynologist, C.D., 2000. The top twenty field sites in Australia. In A.N. Smith (editor). A Guide to Happy Quaternary Studies. Fun Book Company, Sydney. 109-146.
Quaternarist, A.B., Palynologist, C.D. and Geomorphologist, E.F., 2000. A Guide to Happy Quaternary Studies. Fun Book Company, Sydney. 300 pp.
Tables and figures
- Tables and figures should be submitted as separate files and file names should reflect their intended sequence in the text.
- Both table and figure captions should be supplied at the end of the manuscript (see above).
- Figures should be constructed taking into account the possible need for reduction. Use uniform lettering in a sans-serif font. Please submit figures as TIFF files with a minimum of 300dpi where possible.
- Tables should be sent as separate word files.
Submission of manuscript
- Authors are requested to provide the names and addresses of two potential referees.
- All manuscripts should be submitted to the editor, preferably as an email with attachments to Editor@aqua.org.au.
- Submission of an article is understood to imply that the article is original and unpublished and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.